But first a discussion!
The Layered Process – Wet on Dry
Meaning each layer has to dry before going on to the next!
Starting with a sketch or photograph as reference. Then transfered to canvas (By various means).
- Layer 1 image transfered to canvas and inking (the cartooning)
- Layer 2 tinting the canvas (often misrepresented as toning the canvas)
- Layer 3 monochromatic (underlayer)
- Layer 4 color (underlayer)
- Layer 5 color
- Layer 6 glazing
- Layer 7 Details and Scrumping
By definition (glossary):
A tint is where an artist adds a color to white to create a lighter version of the color.
A shade is where an artist adds black to a color to darken it down.
A tone is where an artist adds grey to a color.
Monochromatic, This means that the artist uses tints, shades and tones of a single color.
And finally the completed work!
Works Just For Show:
Works Available for Purchase:
Commissioning a Private Work: