Why Commission a painting?
- Time Capsule
- Investment Property
- A Luxury
- Part of my life story
- Contribution to the Arts and Culture
Yes, there’s alot of reasons to and little real arguements not to!
What I’ll need?
Find a talented artist. That can create for me; not judge; do what I want and has my best interests at heart ~ I found one.
What the Artist needs from me?
Historically time for a number of sittings. Today a clear photo of the subject (more on this a little later).
What’s it going to cost me?
Note from artist: The Artists works can cost $0 to $$$$. This depends on a number of reasons. As well as Client Patron or Model supplys crisp non professional photo to artist.
Today (Oct 2020) Commissions: this Artist’s base pricing is calculated by so many things… size and time.
- 11x14in x 22hrs CA$ 321
- 12x16in x 27hrs CA$ 400
- 14x18in x 36hrs CA$ 576
- 16x20in x 46hrs CA$ 667
Now we have to look at variations (example: child portrait/s 11x14in)
- Is it a promo work
- A charity work
- Artist cannot post completed work to social media sites or this site
- Artist can post completed work (but leave off model’s name) to social media sites or this site
- Patron applying work in trade (as a model or other)
- One head in painting
- Two heads in painting…
- Two children a painting each
- Did you already buy a painting or paintings from this artist?
The best option is deciding what you want, then contact artist with a clear photo as an attachment for a quote.